Best Doctor Review Sites in 2021
Having an online presence is a necessity for any modern business, and healthcare professionals are no exception to this reality. Patients turn to the Internet to research clinics and doctors before making a decision. In fact, they trust reviews as much as personal recommendations!
That’s why we’ve compiled some of the most popular sites where you can sign up to start building your digital reputation.
With over 30 million visits per month, HealthGrades is one of the most popular review websites for doctors in the U.S. They provide a 5-star review system and start weighing your profile as soon as you get your first review. This website aggregates information about providers from publicly available sources, both governmental and commercial. Your profile and ratings could already be there! In fact, we strongly recommend you check the website and claim your profile (if it exists), to make sure it stays free of negative reviews. The sooner you do this, the better!
HealthGrades also offers interesting content on their blog that is worth checking out for both patients and professionals.
This platform is rapidly gaining popularity among patients seeking a new healthcare professional or wanting to rate their current doctor. To date, it has over 9 million reviews and the number keeps growing!
One of its key points is that it allows users to search for doctors not only by specialty but also by which insurance they accept. This option has made it very popular among people looking to save on healthcare costs, without sacrificing the quality of care they receive.
Patients who write negative reviews in Vitals are often motivated by aspects related to customer care rather than the medical care itself. However, those reviews can be just as damaging to your professional reputation.
RateMDs offers a wide variety of interesting options for patients looking for a nearby healthcare professional, like the ability to filter their search by gender or doctors accepting new patients. Also, it shows a list of “top doctors near you” to patients as soon as they enter the website, where you can see a portrait, a 5-star rating system, and an excerpt of a recent review.
Another great feature that attracts patients is their forum: a place where patients can post questions and receive answers from other patients and even doctors.
Google My Business
The main attractiveness of Google My Business is that it ties directly into the Google Search Engine —the world’s largest and most popular search engine — and integrates perfectly with their other services, like Google Maps.
Just like in HealthGrades, Google uses publicly available data (especially patient reviews) to rate doctors. It may be worth checking to see if you already have a profile and claim it.
What info should you add to your online profile?
- An updated headshot: Customers are more likely to visit a profile with a photo over one with better ratings but no picture.
- Information on your specialty: People often look for specialized care for specific conditions. Be sure to add your specialty to your profile.
- Detail your education and experience: Ratings are not everything. Your credentials and certifications also play a part in a patient’s decision.
- Contact information: While most websites allow patients to reach doctors directly through their platform, it is always a good idea to offer other options. Be sure to keep the information updated.
- Be close and personal: Manners, friendliness, and attention play an important role in patient satisfaction. Present yourself not only as a healer but also as a caring, relatable professional.
- Maintain a healthy review rating: Ask your patients to review you on Google and monitor for fake bad reviews. Negative reviews need to be removed.
Don’t let negative reviews affect your reputation!
Even the best reputation can be crippled or even destroyed by a bad review, no matter how unfair, untrue, or inaccurate it may be. We at RemoveBadReviews.com specialize in helping professionals regain control over their online reputation. Have you received or discovered a bad review? Contact us!